Computer Engineering & Software Development Intern
Summary of the Position
Looking for an enriching software development internship? Would you like to work for an industry leader specializing in cutting-edge 3D and geospatial technologies? Mandli Communications has openings for Computer Engineering and Software Development Interns. We will begin locking in candidates for the Summer of 2022 very soon so apply now.
This is a great opportunity to work with a small, close-knit, development team. Be part of a fun and challenging technology company in the Madison, WI area. Bring your programming skills, passion, energy, and ideas to our team while:
- Designing, coding, testing, and supporting applications and or embedded software in C++, Rust, Java, Swift, Python and several other languages
- Working independently and as a team to identify and solve complex problems
- Understanding and following best practices and principles of Object Oriented Programming
- Conducting quality analysis and participating in software demos
- Identifying ways to improve software and increase code quality
- Working in a team-based, agile development environment
- Working within different development stages to write and automate tests with code
- Learning more about engineering fundamentals, while working on the cutting edge
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science or related Engineering Field
- Desire to learn more about Object Oriented Programming design and development
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
- Exposure to Unit testing
- Exposure to Databases- MySQL, Oracle
- Desire for working in a team environment utilizing AGILE methodologies
- Experience or interest in Geospatial or GIS systems and software
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.