Data Processor (Summer Intern)
Summary of the Position
Data Processors are responsible for analyzing, classifying, and processing many different datasets that may include digital imagery, pavement distress, and LiDAR. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Process geospatial project data according to established procedures and guidelines
- Consistently meet performance metrics established by the project manager
- Inform the team leader when issues are identified
- Accurately track and record daily activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year university
- Provide a high level of attention to detail while carrying out written and oral instructions
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve problems related to project specifics
- Communicate effectively with all members of a project
- Obtain an advanced understanding of Roadview software packages, MS Office, and any necessary custom processing applications within six months of start date
- Must be willing to work second shift hours 3:30 PM-2:00 AM (four day week)
- Bachelor’s degree in geography, GIS, geosciences or STEM
This position does not require any set amount of travel.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.