Summary of the Position
The Data Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining the geospatial operations dashboard. In this position, the Data Analyst uses, gathers and identifies data points from multiple sources including our vehicles, sensor systems and processing applications. The Data Analyst uses external data such as weather and location to derive accurate performance metrics. They work with Application Development, Support and Engineering to reduce the number of human entered metrics required to generate accurate and actionable management information. This position uses baseline and historical data to forecast future project schedules and costing. The position also assists with using data to highlight areas of improvement across the company from logistics to route planning.
- Interact with management, gathering requirements, rating them and assigning priority
- Perform data management tasks for managing geospatial digital collections and datasets
- Develop and create automated and manual methods for increased efficiency in data collection
- Actively support, coordinate, and participate in planning activities for project projections, crew performance, and efficiency improvements based on data summaries provided from collection vehicles
- Collaborate with management to strategize and optimize uses for data
- Participates in discussions to identify opportunities for process improvement and/or system enhancements to address data collection goals or issues
- Participates in analysis and design sessions and document decisions
- Additional tasks as designated by manager
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Must be very proficient at Word and Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in writing Advanced SQL queries
- Solid understanding of data models/relational databases
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to relate them to the company’s products or services
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an ability to manage, track and complete deliverables in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or Management Information Systems
- 0-2 years of Experience
- In-depth understanding of Statistics
- Statistical Programming
- High level knowledge of analytics tools
- Ability to express numeric results in charts, tables, and other graphical elements
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently, up to 100% of the time, required to sit at a computer workstation, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.