Summary of the Position
The Facilities Custodian is responsible for the routine cleaning, preventative maintenance, and landscaping of Mandli Communications. The Facilities Custodian will clean bathrooms, locker rooms offices and public areas on a daily basis. This position is also responsible for general (preventative) maintenance and facility repairs as needed, and additional daily miscellaneous activities in support of the company. The Facilities Custodian will work to ensure a healthy and safe workplace for all employees.
Activities Linked to Facility Cleanliness
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks, mirrors, showers, windows, fixtures
- Order and restock towels, soap, toilet paper and other supplies
- Sweep, mop, wash, buff, spot clean and vacuum floors
- Clean, dust, and clear meeting rooms and public areas
- Empty trash and recycling materials
- Maintain outside walk areas, including sweeping debris and washing walkways
- Perform daily laundry tasks
- Complete other cleaning tasks as needed
Activities Linked to Facility Maintenance
- Perform routine facility maintenance and minor repairs
- Assist with placement and relocation of office furniture
- Perform patching and painting of walls
- Assist with snow removal
- Assist with lawn care and landscaping
- Complete other maintenance tasks as needed
- Detect and report unsatisfactory facility conditions to supervisor
- Assist with the transportation of vehicles locally
- Complete miscellaneous errands in support of company operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes appropriate action
- Takes action without being asked or required to do so
- Takes responsibility to develop all steps of a project when the outcomes and circumstances are not well-defined
- Communicates effectively and utilizes active listening skills
- Challenges conventional thinking & has candid conversations
- Acknowledges mistakes & learns from them
Concern for Quality
- Checks accuracy of own work
- Follows procedures to ensure quality output
- Uses a systematic approach to organize and track quality
- Manages competing demands while striving for quality work
- Balances attention to detail with the overall timeline for completion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements
A knowledge of cleaning procedures, equipment, cleaning supplies and basic maintenance is required. Maintenance experience such as operating lawn mowers, snow removal equipment and carpet cleaners is expected. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
A high school diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience is required. A valid driver’s licenses is also required.
This position requires 5% travel. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area travel may be required.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Employee will push, pull, lift up to 30 pounds. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and motor vehicles. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside in varying temperatures.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.