Summary of the Position
The IT Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the IT department including planning, supervision and control of all installation and maintenance of all information systems software and hardware. In addition, the IT Manager will supervise and develop the IT staff. They will work with all organizational groups to ensure the IT infrastructure design and implementation supports business goals and needs.
- Demonstrate strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones for all IT projects
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Communicate expectations; plan, monitor, and measure job results
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees; initiate, coordinate, and enforce system policies and procedures
- Develop annual budget and plans objectives within the framework of overall information services objectives
- Establish and maintaining a program to ensure compliance and appropriate control over changes to system software
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to product specialist to ensure production toolsets are compatible with IT infrastructure design
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to production team to ensure data collection, reduction, and delivery workflows are optimized for the current IT infrastructure
- Evaluate and recommend new database technologies
- Design and document database architecture
- Design data warehousing and business intelligence platform
- Build database utilities and automated reporting
- Analyze, consolidate, and tune database for optimal efficiency
- Restore and recover corrupted databases
Network, Server, and Computer Systems
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
- Propose, build, and maintain server environment
- Designs server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes
- Create shell scripts for task automation
- Ensure compatibility, interoperability, and integration, of in-house and web-based computing systems
- Ensure daily system backup is performed
- Provide technical support to users as needed
- Ensure 24/7 support of mission critical business systems
- Effectively identifies and solves technical issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirement
- Ability to obtain an advanced understanding of Oracle, MySQL, Shell (Bash, etc.), Microsoft Windows, OS X Client and Server, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, RAID, SAN, DAS, PHP, MySQL, Java, Apache, and VMware
Education, Licenses and Certificates
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, Technology, or related field required
- 3 years of project management or IT management experience
- Proved success coordinating and supporting IT business process experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future company sponsorship
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to travel up to 5%
This position requires up to 5% travel throughout the United States and Canada.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.