Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada
Task: Develop a regional GIS dataset and online interactive map of existing bicycle and pedestrian facilities for use in regional roadway and trail planning and design.
- Identify locations of and gaps between existing bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Create system to Identify sidewalk accessibility deficiencies and maintenance needs
- Integrate active transportation facilities into regional transportation modeling;
- Establish baselines for regional transportation performance measures related to biking, walkability, and equity
- Develop and update future regional-scale biking, trail, sidewalk, and accessible path-of-travel maps.
- Ability to implement future upgrades and new development in key areas
- Ability to identify and fix accessibility and maintenance deficiencies
- Unified and streamlined approach to solutions across Las Vegas transportation network
- Ability to balance update efforts across transportation network
- Public Education and Navigation.
Dual Velodyne LiDAR sensors
collect high-definition, 3D representations of the surrounding environment. LiDAR coverage makes for a “real-world” 3D view allowing inspection of assets in an accurate virtual environment without the need to travel to remote sites.
Dual LCMS Pavement Scanners,
with a resolution of .025 mm/.05 mm, provide automated crack detection and distress classification across the entire width of the lane, making pavement upgrade projects easier and more effective.
Nine HD Directional Cameras
deliver a full 360° image. This allows inspection of road conditions and asset locations without the need to travel to remote sites. The simultaneous use of LiDAR and Photolog provided from our cameras guarantees the most accurate data possible.
Position Orientation System
includes high quality Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Optical Distance Measurement Instrument (DMI) which allow for accurate mapping of assets and their geographic coordinates regardless of obstructions.