Marketing Research Specialist
Summary of the Position
The Marketing Research Specialist is responsible for providing accurate and timely marketing information to the Marketing, Sales, and Strategy Teams. Tasks include working with internal stakeholders and external resources to gather, analyze, and communicate relevant information on company’s products, customers, competitors, and industries. This work will greatly contribute to the company’s strategy roadmap. In the fast-changing world of GIS, the individual in this role maintains knowledge of the current state of the art of the relevant technologies through sustained focus on industry developments as they are announced and discovered.
- Perform market research and analysis to identify new market opportunities by industry segment
- Build a comprehensive analysis of our target markets, researching market size, market drivers, and key players by industry segment
- Develop product knowledge, technical knowledge, and industry knowledge in relevant product areas
- Identify and monitor market drivers to provide insight into serviceable market opportunities
- Perform continuous market monitoring and impact analysis
- Work cross-functionally to share findings by industry segment to drive qualified sales opportunities
- Perform outreach activities and facilitate communications with individuals and entities outside the company to gather information
- Communicate research findings in a simplified, informative style
- Advance company’s overall research capabilities by investigating new methodologies, approaches, tools, and solutions
- Assist internal Teams to seek out, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, and other growth prospects.
- Assist in development of technical and marketing presentations and material.
- Perform related duties, as assigned
- Effectively communicates complex ideas and technical information to a variety of audiences
- Clarifies meaning and intent of others’ communication when it is unclear
- Utilizes strong listening skills and forms direct, supported responses to questions and/or concerns
- Creatively identifies and utilizes all available communication channels and methods
- Breaks down complex concepts, issues, and solutions to aid understanding by all stakeholders
- Compares data from a variety of sources
- Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and materials
- Keeps informed about changes in software, hardware, and standard procedures
- Tracks new advancements and cutting-edge developments in the industry
- Acts as a technical resource and transfers knowledge and skills to others
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to prioritize work
Actively works to overcome obstacles by changing strategies or using multiple approaches
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the primary responsibilities of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, data science, or a related field
- Experience performing market research and market segmentation analysis
- Strong aptitude for understanding and determining relevant market and market segment drivers and indicators
- Experience with or knowledge of the market segmentation process
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interest in GIS technology
- Strong proficiency with Apple products and operating systems
This position requires up to 15% travel throughout the United States
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.