Summary of the Position
The Mechatronics Intern will assist the Engineering Team. The Engineering team builds best-in-class data collection systems for use by internal and external users of Mandli collection products. The Engineering Team has responsibility over the design and build lifecycle of the collection hardware. As an intern, you will be tasked with multi-disciplined jobs involving assembly, mechanical and electrical functions. Interns will assist team in the configuring, testing, and installation of company and third party hardware while ensuring that it is functioning according to customer specifications.
- Model and design structures to support sensor arrays
- Manage and accommodate environmental factors which may affect sensor modules
- Ensure maintainability of completed system is factored into design
- Educate Mandli staff on best practices
- Respond to support requests when they arise
- Keep inventory and BOM records current
- Know how to use SolidWorks
- Enjoy learning and building
- Know how to design and populate PCB’s
- Design and install electrical systems limited by vehicle power
- Understand GPS signaling
- Build maintainable systems
- Enable System monitoring
- Get to the bottom of the problem and prevent it from reoccurring
- Be open to and welcome peer review.
- Enjoy learning
- Continually strive to improve quality
Teamwork, Communication and Reporting
- Be kind, be honest and achieve results…
- You should like working in small and large groups
- Ideas matter, we want to hear yours
- Learn from others and other departments
- Listen with intent, hear and understand others ideas too
- Always be respectful to yourself and others
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to summarize problems in your own words and understand the “Why”
- A Bachelor’s degree (or in the process of attaining) is required in Mechatronics or a related Engineering field
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Experience working in a command line environment
- Familiar with shop tools and machining tools
- Experience designing and building structures and embedded systems
- Design experience in SolidWorks
- Knowledge of Linux Shell scripting
- Experience with robotic builds
- Experience with Python
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
This position does not require any set amount of travel. Travel may be required for specific projects on a case by case basis.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers. Ability to carry/relocate equipment up to 60lbs.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.