Summary of the Position
The Operations Coordinator effectively aids in the management of geospatial data collection, review, and preparation. Their primary focus is on logistics, geospatial resource management, and data analysis within the department’s BI tool. As the main administrator for the analytical staff, they constantly strive to produce more precise data for management’s use in decision making. Their analytical background is pertinent in the success of the position. When necessary, the Operations Coordinator will step in to cover management’s duties in their absence including decision-making, planning, and communicating with other department heads.
- Assist the team Manager with daily logistics and planning
- Implementing the logistics for vehicles and all personnel on the team
- Travel coordination for team members
- Monitoring and assisting Geospatial Technicians with completing their daily tasks
- Help with the development and implementation of department training program
- Assist in the creation and upkeep of documentation for all processes and procedures within the department
- Participate in the development of new and efficient ways to perform department functions, and always be looking for more efficient ways to complete tasks
- Oversee employees in the analysis of collection data
- Interpret data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Develop and help implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality
- Acquiring data from primary and secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Provide analyzed data to management that will allow for efficient and metric backed decisions
- Develop analysis and reporting
- Supervise, coach and train team
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Understands and utilizes operational plans and reports
- Provides shift supervision
- Provides guidance and direction in the absence of Manager and Director
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills
- Proven ability to lead a team or group of coworkers and achieve results
- Ability to obtain an advanced understanding of ArcGIS as well as Mandli programs and workflows within 3 months of start date
- SQL DBA experience is a plus
- Some programming experience and/or knowledge preferred
- Geospatial Data collection experience
Bachelor’s Degree Required
Certificates and Licenses
Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
This position requires 10% travel within the United States of America, via air or road travel in a car, van or truck.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently, up to 100% of the time, required to sit in a vehicle or at a computer workstation, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when evaluating, repairing and inspecting vehicle and system operations while on the road. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less). The employee is frequently, up to 100% of the time, required to have the additional specific vision abilities required by this job to include peripheral vision (defined as the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (defined as three-dimensional vision, and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and distance vision (defined as clear vision at 20 feet or more, respectively, all while driving a vehicle or being a passenger in a moving vehicle. Activities occasionally occur outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.