Summary of the Position
The Project Manager will coordinate assigned company projects. They will ensure project timelines, data quality and budget requirements meet customer needs and company objectives. The Project Manager will represent the company and work closely with the customer and Production teams to ensure customer satisfaction.
Activities Linked to Project Success
- Establishes, communicates, and implements project plans, objectives, and strategies Works with management within and outside the team as necessary for efficient and effective project execution
- Collaborates with Director of Production to ensure the coordination of project schedule with available resources
- Works with Department Managers to identify and procure appropriate project resources
- Tracks and reports key project indicators
- Maintains an open line of communication with the Director of Production to inform of all key events and project issues
- Responsible for ensuring project is executed according to all agreed upon contract requirements
- Responsible for identifying and tracking project-related issues to ensure customer satisfaction as well as project timeline and quality adherence
- Proactively identifies timeline deviations and proposes project schedule modifications as needed
- Coordinates with Department Managers to create project specific collection, processing, quality assurance, and auditing procedures
- Accountable for ensuring all documentation necessary to successfully execute the contract is generated
Activities Linked to Customer Satisfaction
- Responds to / coordinates the response to customer feedback and complaints
- Maintains effective communication with customers to keep them up to date on project activities and issues
- Coordinates issue resolution between company and customer
Activities Linked to Divisional Business Goals
- Monitors and provides ongoing reports to support divisional metrics
- Creates effective working relationships with other project managers to achieve consistency and efficiency
- Responsible for overall quality and timeliness of project deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring the project team is operating in accordance with all aspects of the project plan
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common project vision, setting clear objectives, promoting teamwork, and maintaining open communications
- Creates and maintains a team environment which promotes favorable relations with internal and field employees
- Implements action plans to address issues identified within the project
- Ensures all project timelines are met
- Maintains project budget throughout the life of the project
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in office software including word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to obtain an advanced understanding of RV Workstation, Arc Map, Arc View, MS Access, POSPAC, and any necessary custom processing applications within 3 months of start date
- Proficient with MAC OS environment.
- Bachelor of Science or Business Administration degree
- Business, Civil Engineering, GIS, or Project Management background
- 2+ years experience
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States
This position requires 15% travel within the United States of America, via air or road travel in a car, van or truck.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.