Head of Quality Assurance
Summary of the Position
The Head of Quality Assurance is responsible for directing and leading the establishment of a comprehensive quality system. Once established, this position is responsible for all aspects of quality management including quality planning, quality assurance, quality control, technical documentation, and continuous improvement. The Head of Quality Assurance works closely with the Crossroads, Data Reduction, Engineering, Technology, and Consulting Teams in implementing the quality system while also serving as a quality management resource companywide. Additionally, this position interacts with external vendors, contractors, and suppliers to ensure their products and services meet company standards.
- Direct and lead the establishment of a comprehensive quality system
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures focused on processes involved in the creation and delivery of products and services
- Leverage the power of a document control system (DCS) to establish a living library of quality documents that are reviewed/updated on a yearly basis
- Examine the existing document system and revamp as appropriate
- Establish quality system policies consistent with industry standards
- Coordinate the development of training content with the Employee Experience Team to ensure all employees understand the quality system
- For employees that are required to create/edit documents in the DCS system, ensure they understand the processes and expectations
- For employees that require read-only access to documents in the DCS system, ensure they understand how to find and access the appropriate documents
- Contribute to the development of high-quality products and services by assisting with setting performance requirements and by ensuring the end product meets the documented specifications, product requirements and organizational goals
- Plan and lead system acceptance testing, collaborating with internal resources to create and execute test plans and test cases
- Ensure, track, and report quality and reliability for released products
- Evaluate quality system processes and formulate and lead improvement initiatives to ensure company is meeting established quality standards
- Collaborate with internal teams in setting quality goals and designing workflows that are in alignment with corporate goals and strategies
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for quality processes companywide, including supporting the Sales Team with the completion of RFP responses
- Chair meetings required to drive closure of quality issues
- Conduct periodic review of the Quality Program with senior leadership
- Establish KPIs to track and communicate the progress of strategic initiatives
- Educate team members across the organization regarding the quality function and their role in ensuring quality standards are met.
- Drive any necessary culture change and improvement in business practices to comply with the quality system
- Create and update the Quality Management Plans for customer contracts in collaboration with Project Management Team
- Manage the Quality Team resources to continuously improve the quality of the organization as efficiently as possible
- Coordinate priorities with associated business and functional managers
- Maintain industry knowledge on quality and engineering principles and regulations
- Perform other related tasks as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering programrequired, master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the quality management field
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- 1+ years of experience with Statistical Process Control
- Lean Six Sigma and/or ASQ certification preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future company sponsorship
- Willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
This position requires up to 10% travel throughout the United States and Canada.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.