Software Team Lead
Summary of the Position
Software is at the heart of Mandli’s competitive advantage. Our mission is “We are a community of individuals who combine our talents to create innovative solutions that support authentic value and responsible decision making.”
By combining information from our sensor platforms, 3rd party data and technical assessment, our software drives improved decision making at Departments of Transportation across the country. The products the Software Team Lead is responsible for directly contribute to making transportation infrastructure safer and more reliable.
The Software Team Lead guides the team towards the integration of the sensor platforms, our internal assessment tools and our web based visualization tools.
- Hire, mentor, develop and manage a high performing team
- Provide technical leadership for the software development teams
- Assess 3rd party products and platforms for their integration into the Mandli portfolio
- Regularly report status of development, quality, system performance and implementation to management
- Work with Engineering, IT Operations and other departments to ensure cross team communications are open and clear
- Work with product owners to develop and manage to software development lifecycles
- Plan and implement software updates and modifications to accommodate company and customer needs
- Assist developers with designing, coding, testing and supporting applications primarily in Java along with several other software languages and environments
- Perform analysis on software development tasks to identify ways to improve efficiency and increase overall code quality
Communication and Reporting
- Develop accurate time estimates for implementation of tasks
- Represents the organization at meetings, conferences and other functions
- Perform additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience and Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field• 5+ years of managing teams delivering multiple projects concurrently
- Experience applying product management methodologies to achieve development business goals
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming, micro services, cloud delivery and web technologies
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Experience leading a team environment utilizing Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Project Management experience, PMP preferred
- UI evaluation experience
- Product management experience, from conception to end of life.
- Software testing including unit, smoke, system, and regression testing
- Databases including MySQL, Oracle
- Experience with GIS systems and software
This position does not require any set amount of travel. Travel may be required for specific projects on a case by case basis.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers. Activities occur indoors.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.