Field System Operator (100% Travel)
Summary of the Position
Are you graduating soon? Looking for your first job after school?
Join our team at Mandli & Roadview and become a Field Systems Operator!
You’ll travel the country operating our data collection vehicles, utilizing the latest technology, and creating data sets used in the inventory, rating, maintenance, and planning of transportation infrastructures nationwide.
While Mandli Communications is based in Madison, Wisconsin, the Field System Operators spend all their time on the road. Is your housing situation a big question mark after graduation? With a weekly hotel budget and a competitive daily allowance for expenses, most FSOs only have one expenditure for the month: their cell phone bill!
And with the ability to work up to 20 hours of overtime a week, Field System Operators can save thousands of dollars a month and pay down those student loans!
We also provide paid vacation and personal time, 401(k) matching, and health & dental insurance coverage (100% premium paid).
- Drive company vehicles and operate cutting-edge mobile mapping collection equipment to gather quality and accurate data of roads and highways
- Navigate through different regions of the US: urban, rural, unfamiliar areas, sometimes under adverse traffic conditions— all while maintaining strict safety standards and maintaining proper data collection methods
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise in the field; you’ll be trained and have support from our in-house technicians and specialists
- Travel within the United States with deployments averaging 8-12 weeks in duration
Check out these benefits and perks!
- Travel the US with another crew member
- Sightsee within 100 miles of collection area
- Pay at $15.45/hr PLUS 1.5x overtime pay up to 60 hours
- Generous daily per diem to cover food and other expenses ($40)
- Weekly hotel budget provided (that means minimal living expenses!)
- Company provides housing during paid training
- No relocation required
- Employer paid health and dental insurances
- Retirement plan: 401(k) plus matching
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
- Short & long term disability and life insurance options
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal time
- Opportunity to advance in the company
- Gain invaluable hands-on problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Basic understanding of Technological Equipment
- Apply directly from our website: https://www.mandli.com/careers/
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, Geosciences, or STEM
- Basic understanding of LiDAR and remote sensing
For more information, please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Keywords: GIS entry level geography environmental studies geology geographic information systems field travel new grad STEM driving veteran road warrior remote sensing tech technician geospatial
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently, up to 100% of the time, required to sit in a vehicle or at a computer workstation, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds when evaluating, repairing and inspecting vehicle and system operations while on the road. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus (the ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus) and close vision (defined as clear vision at 20 inches or less). The employee is frequently, up to 100% of the time, required to have the additional specific vision abilities required by this job to include peripheral vision (defined as the ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (defined as three-dimensional vision, and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and distance vision (defined as clear vision at 20 feet or more, respectively, all while driving a vehicle or being a passenger in a moving vehicle. Activities occasionally occur outdoors.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.
Apply Here: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7883d085589a5e01857dff065429dd