Accessible Data Storage Solution
One challenge facing State DOTs is how to store their road and highway data and still make it accessible to staff across different divisions in their agency.
Usually, data collected by one division is stored at a particular location and staff at other locations are not able to access it. Storage costs combined with the complexity of managing department access means relevant data remains isolated to everyone but a core group of staff.
Mandli’s Consulting Team can help with this problem. Mandli utilizes cloud storage for service projects and we have implemented this solution for many of our DOT clients.
Mandli's Cloud Hosting Solution
At Mandli, we use cloud storage to streamline and accelerate data review and delivery. We partner with the top two cloud hosting services.
For the majority of our clients we use and recommend cloud storage which gives you the following benefits:
- Staff in different divisions or locations can easily access data
- Storage capacity can be expanded on demand
- Capability to store and access five year's worth of data
- Prevents the loss of data, utilizing redundant storage servers in the same region
- Information is automatically copied to multiple servers to prevent data loss
Advantages of Cloud Hosting
- Can be more cost-effective and convenient than managing storage on your own.
- Data from several databases can be centralized in Cloud storage so staff can access and view the different data via one platform.
- If you don’t have access to dedicated IT resources, Cloud storage provides a solution that does not require ongoing IT time or resources for your organization.
- Web access and virtual desktops applications allow you to easily access data without the need to purchase and load software applications on individual desktop computers.
- Mandli maintains all available version updates on the cloud setup, so you don’t have to spend time doing updates on your computers.
For more information on how Mandli can customize a solution to fit your data storage needs, please reach out to one of our representatives for more information.