Electrical/Computer Engineer I
Summary of the Position
Mandli Communications is a technological leader in providing mobile 3-D imaging and pavement data collection services within the North American transportation market. Using cutting edge technology and our own proprietary software, we design and implement solutions meeting the needs of a rapidly growing set of partners and customers.
Technological innovation is our passion! We offer a collaborative, open work environment that encourages creativity and skill development. Be a part of our growing and fun technology company in the Madison, WI area.
We are hiring an Electrical/Computer Engineer to be a part of our Technology team. As an Electrical/Computer Engineer you will design, develop, test, and support solutions as a part of the Mandli Communications, Inc. Technology Department. You will work closely with senior engineers and product specialists to refine customer requirements and implement functionality for hardware applications that help our customers gather, process, and analyze transportation infrastructure information. You will leverage a passion for learning new and exciting technologies, and an ability to adapt to different technical environments to bring cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Work with software and engineering teams to design, develop, and test firmware for various embedded systems used in Mandlis mobile data collection systems. Work with software and engineering teams to design, develop, and test mixed signal hardware including component selection, schematic capture, and PCB layout. Design and implement tests to qualify embedded systems for production operation. Develop embedded FPGA, Microcontroller, and Single Board Computer firmware, and OS drivers, using VHDL/Verilog, Assembly, C, C++. Write documentation including technical specifications, block diagrams, manufacturing and operations instructions. Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Communicates in an open, candid, and consistent manner
- Explains concepts and procedures clearly and completely while maintaining attention and interest
- Displays sensitivity to ethnic and gender issues in verbal and written communications
- Shows tact and diplomacy in dealing with others
- Keeps individuals well informed of key organizational issues and needs
- Keeps individuals informed about issues that may affect them
- Keeps others informed on the status of assigned work
- Delivers information effectively in a variety of settings including one-on-one, team setting, and presentations
- Delivers information effectively in a variety of formats including emails, phone calls, reports and other documents
Continuous Learning / Development
- Takes the initiative to learn new skills
- Learns from and seeks out perspectives and ideas from others
- Acts as a mentor and encourages other employees to improve and develop individual skills
- Seeks feedback on performance
- Considers, evaluates, and incorporates others suggestions about their own performance
- Continuously looks for new or nontraditional ideas to improve effectiveness.
Creativity / Innovation
- Injects originality into daily work through research, personal knowledge, and networking relationships
- Thinks outside the box
- Brainstorms and encourages new ideas and solutions
- Takes appropriate risks
Flexibility / Adaptability to Change
- Displays flexibility and openness in daily work
- Encourages others to stay open to change, improvements
- Adapts own attitudes and behavior to work effectively with different people and situations
- Accepts and readily adapts to changing priorities, better ideas, strategies, procedures, and methods
Problem Solving / Judgment
- Analyzes and solves problems by dealing with facts and not by blaming others
- Strikes a balance between being participative and being directive
- Seeks involvement from diverse perspectives and areas of the department and company to solve problems
- Understands the organization and the affect decisions have on other parts of the organization
- Proactively anticipates and addresses concerns of employees, peers, upper management, and customers
- Formulates alternative/creative solutions to problems
- Resolves sensitive issues without making the situation worse
- Provides advice and/or information to individuals and teams in a timely manner
- Makes timely decisions with quality outcomes
- Focuses time and resources on activities that will yield the greatest benefit
- Gets work done within a given time frame
- Sets realistic personal goals and work plans that are consistent with the business needs and strategies of the unit
- Works effectively under pressure balances multiple objectives
- Obtains information and utilizes resources effectively
Teamwork / Cooperation (within and across units)
- Openly shares information, knowledge and expertise with the team and co-workers
- Cooperates with other members to achieve the workgroups goals
- Appropriately gives and is open to feedback from team/coworkers
- Puts accomplishing the interests of the department/company ahead of accomplishing individual goals
- Actively works to remove barriers to team effectiveness
- Utilizes team members skills to accomplish goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelors degree is required in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related Field.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Desire to learn selection and use of FPGAs, DSPs, microcontrollers, and their peripheral circuitry.
- Desire to learn architecting, developing, and verifying embedded systems software.
- Desire to learn embedded Swift, C/C++, Assembly Language, VHDL/Verilog, Python, and common embedded protocols (I2C, SPI, RS-232, JTAG, CAN, USB, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Desire to learn end-to-end PCB design specification, architecture, design, simulation, layout, plane definition, EMC optimization, thermal management, prototyping, validation and manufacturing.
- Experience with power storage, switched mode power conversion, power semiconductors, their gate drive and protection circuitry.
- Exposure to basic EE tools (oscilloscopes, DMMs, etc.)
- General familiarity with basic control theory and digital implementation of controls.
- Exposure to embedded programming of microcontrollers, DSPs, and FPGAs for real time applications.
- Desire to learn Embedded Hardware Architectures such as Apple Silicon (M1, M2) Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC
- Exposure to Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SSH, SSL, SNMP, VNC, NTP
- Desire to learn Linux device drivers and kernel modules.
- Desire to work with complex automotive/electromechanical systems such as electric/autonomous vehicles, DC storage, solar power, and DC-DC converters.
- Desire to learn advanced sensor systems such as LiDAR, RADAR, cameras, inertial navigation systems, and global navigation satellite systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
This position does not require any set amount of travel. Travel may be required for specific projects on a case by case basis.
Physical and Environmental Demands of the Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. Vision requirements include the ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less to view and effectively utilize general office equipment and computers.
The information contained in this job description is intended to describe the essential job functions required of those assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, activities, and knowledge needed to perform the job. Please note that job functions are reviewed periodically and are subject to change based upon company business need.
Apply at the following link: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7883d085589a5e01857dff065429dd